4 Design Trends to Cozy Up Your Home for Winter
1. Accent Designs With Warm Metallics
One popular way to cozy up your home as temperatures start to drop is by incorporating warm metallics into your décor. Warm metallics are those with a yellow or orange undertone, such as brass, copper, and gold. These metals can add a touch of luxury and sophistication to any space, and they're especially well-suited for the colder months.
There are multiple ways to blend warm metallics into your décor. Here are a few ideas to get you started:
- Use them in your lighting fixtures.
- Add them to your fireplace surround.
- Hang a mirror or piece of art with a warm metallic frame.
- Incorporate them into your furniture, such as with brass-finished hardware or copper-plated legs.
- Use them in your kitchens, such as with brass or copper pots and pans.
- Add them to your bathrooms, such as with a gold-plated faucet or a copper bathtub.
- Scatter them throughout your home in small doses, such as with candlesticks, vases, or picture frames.
Warm metallics are a great way to add a touch of luxury and sophistication. With so many ways to incorporate them into your space, there's no reason not to give this trend a try this winter.
2. Design With Rich Textures For Longevity
You can add rich textures to your home in different ways, but some of the most popular include adding fur throws and pillows, wool blankets, and even velvet curtains.
This trend is perfect for those who want to add a bit of luxury to their home without going overboard. It is also a great way to stay warm and cozy during the colder months. Here are some of the key reasons why adding rich textures to your home is a great design trend for winter 2022:
- Warm and cozy: One of the best things about adding rich textures to your home is that it will help to keep you warm and comfortable during the colder months. This is especially important if you live in an area that gets quite cold in the winter.
- A trend that is here to stay: Unlike some design trends that come and go, rich textures and layered decor is a look that is here to stay. This means that you can invest in pieces that you will enjoy for years to come.
- Easy to do: Another great thing about this trend is that it is easy to do. You do not need to be an expert designer to add fur throws and pillows, wool blankets, and velvet curtains to your home.
- Affordable: This trend is also very affordable. You can find fur throws and pillows, wool blankets, and velvet curtains at various price points. This means that you can find something that fits your budget
3. Natural By Design
As the weather outside gets colder and the days get shorter, many of us start to feel a bit cooped up. We long for the days of picnics in the park and evenings spent outdoors. But just because it's winter doesn't mean we must abandon our love of nature. Bringing in nature design trends for winter helps bring the outdoors to your home.
You can bring nature in several ways, from adding plants to your décor to incorporating natural materials into your furniture and accessories.
Plants look beautiful and can help purify the air and improve your mood. If you don't have a green thumb, there are plenty of low-maintenance options available, such as succulents and cacti. Or, if you're looking for something more festive, consider adding a Christmas tree or some holiday-themed plants.
Incorporating natural materials into your home décor is another great way to bring in nature. Wood, stone, and wool are all great choices. You can use these materials in many ways, from flooring and furniture to accent pieces and accessories. They add a warm and inviting feeling to any space and can help create a more nature-inspired aesthetic.
4. Design for Moods With Colors
Moody colors can add a touch of sophistication and drama to any space, and they're perfect for creating a cozy, wintery atmosphere.
If you're not familiar with them, they're dark, rich hues that create a sense of depth and drama. Think of colors like deep green, navy blue, burgundy, and charcoal gray. You can use these colors in various ways to create different looks, from sleek and modern to a warm and inviting look.
One of the great things about using moody colors in your home is that they create different “moods” depending on how you use them. For example, if you want to create a cozy and inviting space, you might use a moody color on your walls or an accent color on your rug and sofas. Or, if you're looking for a more modern look, you could use moody colors in your accessories or pops of color in a room that is otherwise decorated in neutrals.
With the holidays just around the corner, finding ways to make our homes feel cozy and inviting is more critical than ever. Moody colors and winter décor can be anything from a few simple changes to a complete makeover. If you're looking for something a little more permanent, consider changing out your furniture.